Monday, September 3, 2012

Simple, Sleepy Gratitude {Mindful Mothering Mondays}




How to find a poignant start for a post when I'm so sleep-deprived that I can hardly put two thoughts together?

In following the lead of our Mindful Mothering Monday hostess, Lydia, I am "offering up gratitude for this life, this labor of love, this moment in time":
  • For our new addition;
  • For a sweet Moose who is absolutely enamored with his baby sister, despite the fact that she took us away from him for nearly a week and has been behind more than a few "wait just a minute, Honey" moments since we returned home last Thursday;
  • For a little technological distraction for our sweet, patient Moose
 
  • For friends and family who have brought us enough food so that I don't have to think about cooking until next week;
  • For the extra day to the weekend and an extra day for Daddy Moose to be home with us before work beckons;
  • And for coffee - which I'm going to go make now.
With thanks, always, to Lydia for hosting an inspirational start to the week!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new addition! Glad big brother is loving his new sibling and he will be fine. Just wait a few years and they will be each other's best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm always telling my Spud "just a minute" now that new baby has been here a few months. They are so patient, though!

    Get as much sleep as you can, and what a blessing those meals are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Oh precious new addition! I am so glad that you are being properly cared for by your friends and community. Those meals just help so much, don't they? A wonderful blessing! Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful list, especially those meals.

    ReplyDelete