There are a million theories out there on the best way to refuel after a workout. Since my Whole 30 I've continued to eat a more Paleo diet and have been on the lookout for smoothies that fit those parameters (even though smoothies themselves are considered by many to be un-Paleo), since smoothies are my favorite form of post-workout fuel.
I created this Chocolate Banana Recovery Smoothie very loosely based on this banana split smoothie recipe I saw over at Well + Good last weekend, and it hit the spot after my Sunday run.
- 1 banana - ideally frozen, but I always forget; fresh is fine
- 2 TBSP flax seeds
- 1 cup almond milk - or other milk, dairy or non-, of your choice
- 2 dates, chopped or 1TBSP of honey - I do NOT have a fancy blender that could pulverize the dates, so honey is the better option for me
- 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
Simply blend and enjoy!
- 6 ice cubes - you may need less if you planned ahead with that frozen banana
What is your favorite way to refuel after getting your sweat on?