Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Quick Creamy Greek Quinoa


Would it surprise you to know that my eating has been less than healthy these last four weeks? Sadly, when I am in newborn survival mode, I will go hours without eating, by which point I am so ravenous that I make really poor choices.  Just ask that depleted package of Oreos in my pantry!

In a moment of lucidity (courtesy of a little bit longer stretch of sleep - thank you, Mouse - and only one child at home today), I threw together a few favorite ingredients from Trader Joe's to see how it would turn out.

Since the answer was "yummy" and "satisfying", I thought I'd share here.  Because, really, who doesn't need a quick, filling meal made from (mostly) good-for-you ingredients?

Creamy Greek Quinoa
Makes 4 servings
  • 1c uncooked quinoa
  • 2c water (or broth)
  • 1/2 c Greek-style feta dressing
  • 1/4-1/2c sun-dried tomatoes (drained and chopped)
  • 8oz tofu (or cooked chicken), cubed
  • handful of olives
Cook quinoa with water or broth per package instructions.  Toss with dressing, divide between four bowls (or one bowl and three refrigerator-ready storage containers) and top with remaining ingredients.  Enjoy warm or cold!
Yep, that's really it!

P.S. I actually exercised today!  Stay tuned for an exciting return to Fitness Friday later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment