Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Yarn Along: Its a Girl!

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us!
~Ginny at Small Things
 

Do you remember when I said I needed to hurry up and get buttons for my Coffee Bean sweater?

I told me so!

I grabbed these darling sheep at my favorite LYS on Thursday while we were waiting to find out if we had been chosen to be the parents of a beautiful baby girl born the day before. I didn't want to jinx things by buying pink ...

I sewed the buttons on at 4:45 a.m. on Saturday before getting in the car to drive to Florida . . .

But despite my efforts our new daughter left the hospital on Monday evening in the little ivory Cashmerino hat I finished at Christmas time: the sweater is much, much to big for her current 6lb13oz.

As for reading, will it surprise you that the only thing I've been reading are the sweet and funny expressions on her little face?

Have you ever had your momentous knitting plans foiled by a baby's or child's size?

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday!  With thanks, as always, to Ginny for hosting!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Hope you're enjoying all those sweet snuggles! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete