Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Yarn Along: Hats = Baby Crowns

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! 
~Ginny at Small Things



It's so nice to take a break from a monotonous (if beautiful) baby blanket to make some quick, easy, satisfying little baby hats!  The last batch were for others' babies but these ones will stay right at home.

First up is the demanded requested hat for Moose's "baby".  The yarn is from someone else's stash (I seem to be a repository for random yarn and accessories from people who are giving up knitting . . .) and I have no clue as to its origin.  I adapted the Adventure Hat to cast on less than one would for the preemie (30, I think) and did a basic roll brim and beanie top.

I also knit up a Cabled Baby Hat in green Swish Worsted, in case our baby should arrive by Christmas.  And you can bet your sweet needles that there will be a little red bow added on, should we be blessed with a girl!

I'm not even moderately ashamed to say that my book reading stalled this past week with the much-anticipated (by me) arrival of this month's Vanity Fair magazine featuring Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (a.k.a. Kate).  Only disappointment was there was really nothing "new" to me in the article . . .

What are you knitting and reading?  Come join the sharing at Small Things

8 comments:

  1. love the wee little hat! I remember knitting up clothes for dolls and many little blankets-fast and loved by both of the kids. The cabled hat is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hats are wonderful to knit! Almost instant gratification and one can really experiment on patterns. Love the cables on the green hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. people are giving up knitting!!!! no way!

    I love Kate, do you follow the 'what Kate wore' blog??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - can't believe anyone would give it up!

      Oh, yes, definitely follow 'What Kate Wore' (among others . . . Royal watching is my not-too-terribly-guilty pleasure.

      Delete
  4. I am on a hat creating ride now...I love hats and that green is wonderful, green being my favorite color.. Vanity Fair is my only mag subscription!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hats are gorgeous. A bow would look super cute on the cabled one for sure! Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now a days a wide collection of baby hats available in the market, which are attractive, beautiful and best to use. One can also make baby hats at home as various designs are there which can made by hands. In handmade hats you can give designing and color of your own choice which suits on your baby more.
    toddler bibs

    ReplyDelete