Sunday, March 11, 2012

Daylight Savings Links

Links...

Most of us are wondering where that much-needed hour went today.  I'm wondering where my week went last week!

Although today we scramble to get it all done in less time today than usual, in the event you find a minute for yourself I offer a few quick links that I especially enjoyed this week:

If you haven't found The New Noblewoman yet, you're in for a treat! As I described it to a friend: "It somehow scratches my geez-I-wish-I-was-born-in-a-different-era itch: it is equal parts fun (Exhibit A: "How to have the Handbag of a Queen") and substance (Exhibit B: "How to Use Journaling a an Artistic and Spiritual Medium")."  The latter was nothing short of amazing and now have a journaling book on the way to help me put some of the ideas into practice.

This post was balm for my soul.  Although the Moose's behavior has been improving over the past several weeks, we're still far from tantrum-free.  I never tire of reassurance that I'm doing the right thing in not giving in just to avoid the squall. 

Sarah, The Snoring Scholar, whose blog I generally love anyway, has a beautiful Mary Moments post this week on Mary as Our Lady of Girlfriends and the importance of our relationships with the women in our lives.  (Be patient if it doesn't show up right away - I subscribe to her posts by email but I suspect I accidentally got it early and it won't officially post until tomorrow, since she usually does Mary Moments on Monday.)

Here at the Moose family, we have a great St. Patrick's Day tradition of celebrating with friends (who are distantly Irish).  In making my grocery list for the week, I pulled out this favorite from our first annual dinner (we're on our fourth now): Irish Bread and Butter Pudding with Irish Whiskey.  Not to be missed (and don't you dare skip the whiskey sauce!)!  I'm sharing it now because, as much as I love the bloggers I follow, I always grumble when they share a great idea the day of an event or holiday.  This way, you can plan ahead. 

Wishing you a beautiful week ahead!


Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment