Monday, February 6, 2012

Some Monday Light Reading

Links...

It's Monday.  The Moose spent half the weekend sick, before joyfully bouncing back - and passing it on to me.  So no Tot School post today, and no recipe, either.

However, if you're looking for some good reads about subjects that are not related to last night's Big Game, the Halftime Show, or the commercials, may I recommend the following:

My Moose is as spirited as they come.  I found great comfort (and some good ideas) in this wonderful post on Loving a Wild One over at (in)Courage.

I shamelessly indulge in any bit of trivia about Queen Elizabeth.  Thankfully, there seems like there will be plenty to be had in this, her Diamond Jubilee Year.  These glimpses into her  upbringing, personality and "real" life are a delight if you are similarly inclined.

Speaking of delightful English things, if you've been looking for a way to explain Downton Abbey to your male friends, this should help (thank you, SNL, for this great public service).

And if you're in the mood to spend a few minutes in the kitchen, these recent recipes were a hit (before I was struck down by the Moose's latest daycare ick)!
(And if you do want a little something from last night's festivities - I shan't name the event, lest I be struck down by the NFL - here's my favorite ad; I might be from a GM and Ford family, but these days, my Motor City pride swells to the tune of Chrysler's ads.)


Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment