Well hello there! Its been awhile hasn't it?
Today is a snapshot of how life seems to have been lately: one kiddo under the weather, trying to keep the other kiddo quietly entertained, sneaking away to respond to work emails when I can to keep my clients at bay.
I was lost for a meal for me when lunchtime came (recent car-wretching by Moose having delayed the weekly grocery run), but the resulting pantry scavenger hunt was such a success (can you spy the little feet belonging to the Mouse who was stealing every third bite out of my bowl?) that I wanted to share.
(Serves 4 as a meal; 6-8 as a side dish)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed (I used the Tri-Color organic quinoa from Trader Joe's, but any will do)
- 2 cups chicken broth (ideally organic and reduced sodium)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 2oz light Italian dressing
- 1 large can of black olives
- Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine quinoa and broth in a small saucepan, heat to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is done (the liquid should be absorbed and little curly-q's popping out of the grains), remove from heat and stir in tomatoes and dressing thoroughly. Then fold in olives.
- Serve topped with cheese.
This will go in my back pocket to adapt and use again in the future!
What's your favorite throw-together meal?