Friday, June 29, 2012

Lysol Sweet Lysol

Cleaning (130/366) 

Like a lot of first-time moms, I have found my lifestyle shifting in a more "natural" direction since Moose was born.  I have transitioned to gentler store-bought cleaning solutions (with eyes toward a move to the vinegar and baking soda camp).  I choose organic where I can find and afford it, and (most weeks) expend the effort to make more meals and snacks from scratch at home to avoid the expense, waste, and not-so-savory ingredients in so many convenience foods.

However, in the last 48 hours, I have come to realize that there is still a place in my life for these things.

That place is in the middle of a stomach bug attack.

When Moose woke us up vomiting at 12:30 Wednesday night, thank goodness I still had some "real" disinfecting wipes on hand to take care of the bed frame.  As much as I love my Method cleaners, the bedsheets (and the subsequent four sets of clothes and blankets that Moose and I went through on Wednesday night) weren't useable again until I washed them in good ole' fragranced Tide.  And, let me tell you, uber-healthy organic whole grain toast doesn't go down nearly as well on the tummy as white bread and saltines (neither of which I had on hand when Moose was ready to try some sustenance on Thursday - and we both paid the price for it). 

I applaud the moms who can stay green and natural, even during bouts of illness with their littles.  I'm not one of them and, today anyway, I'm not ashamed of it.

Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment