I am long overdue for another "Where In the World Is Victoria?" post!
In the meantime, however, here are some bits and pieces I've been enjoying.
Good Eats - some of my recent favorites inspired by our CSA basket
- Zucchini Noodles in Thai Peanut Sauce from Eating Bird Food.
- Wonderful low fat Zucchini Muffins from Once a Month Mom.
- Braised Leeks and Muscovado Lentils from Sprouted Kitchen.
Good Reads - some funny, some not
- This Anatomy of a Trip to Whole Foods (recommended by my friend who calls it "Whole Paycheck") is excellent for a laugh!
- This overview of The Six Kinds of Time - makes one feel infinitely better about all the things on the to-do list that did not get done today.
- On a more serious note, this series of excerpts from Marion Crawford's beautiful biography of Queen Elizabeth's early life was one of the gems of the Diamond Jubilee: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
- Finally, I've recently discovered the Charles Lenox mysteries by Charles Finch. If you're at all a fan of cozy Agatha Christie mysteries and armchair detectives in manner of Sherlock Holmes, I cannot recommend highly enough! And I saw the first installment, A Beautiful Blue Death, at Sam's Club yesterday for around $6!
- Making felt cars as a book expansion activity to go with My Car by Byron Barton from Teaching Preschool.
- Easy, low stress water play from Picklebums.
- Toddler- and Preschool-friendly nature activities (for outdoor play or camping) from Spell Outloud.