Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June FOTM: em CC


With summer's real arrival in June, I continued my ideal foundation quest with another CC cream.  My goal over the course of the year is to find my "perfect" foundation - one that is long wearing (particularly on my oily skin) without breaking me out, not too fussy to apply and under $40.  I'm not expecting a BB or CC alone to provide the medium- to full-coverage I was seeking so I'm pairing the BB and CC creams I'm testing with Bare Minerals over top.

($23 for 1.0 fl oz)

Since I loved the em cosmetics foundation I tested in February, I was quick to jump on the bandwagon when em came out with a CC cream.  This one is billed as a 3-in-1 that will "conceal, correct and protect" as well as moisturize.  

The consistency of the em CC is liquidy like a typical BB/CC or indeed a moisturizer.  It dispenses easily (a little too easily if you've stored the tube cap-down), applies easily with fingers, and provides a very natural look.

On the first day (with Bare Minerals) I noticed some shininess around my nose and chin by 11:00 a.m.  With the addition of my favorite MAC t-zone primer underneath and Stay Matte finishing powder, the look held up.

No problems at all washing off with the day was done.

Overall grade: B.  Why a B and not an A (and why the relatively bland review)? While the em CC met all my requirements, it was really no different (at least on my skin) from the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB that has become such a drugstore darling - for less than half the price.  Don't get me wrong, em has put together a solidly good CC.  But I've become spoiled by some of the other higher-end BB/CCs I've tested and, if I'm going to spend a little more, I expect great.


No comments:

Post a Comment