Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Five Minute Paleo Buffalo Chicken Salad

Our backyard in snow ~ February 13, 2014
With the next wave of the Polar Vortex due to hit this week, I thought I'd share a recipe that kept me warm on the inside during the last wave.

If you hadn't figured it out from my wingapalooza a few weeks ago, I adore buffalo chicken! I also love chicken salad (and since my Whole 30 adventure, I don't feel nearly as guilty about making it a frequent feature at lunchtime).  I threw together this easy peasy Five Minute Paleo Buffalo Chicken Salad while snowed/iced in at home.
Ingredients- 1/2lb cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1/4c Paleo mayo (or regular mayo if you're not Paleo-inclined)
- 1Tbsp Franks Red Sauce (or your favorite hot pepper sauce), or adjust to your tastes
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped  
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!  Whether this makes one or two servings depends on what the rest of your meal looks like.  When I eat this over salad greens, this makes one serving.  However, accompanied by some heartier vegetables, this could easily feed two. 
What's your favorite way to make chicken salad?

1 comment:

  1. almost like yours but no onions and lots and lots of celery :) Now I'm in the mood for chicken salad....

    ReplyDelete